- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped arugula
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- white balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olive
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (pignoles)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere (or combine several cheeses) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (or combine several cheeses) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup your favorite white cheese (or combine several cheeses)
- olive oil (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F (or according to the directions of your pizza dough recipe).
- Chop artichoke hearts into bite-sized chunks.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust. Top with chopped arugula and then chunks of artichoke heart.
- Drizzle lightly with white balsamic vinegar, optional.
- Top with red onion, olives and pine nuts. Sprinkle with cheese(s).
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil, optional.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (or according to the directions of your pizza dough recipe).