Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Family Fun
- 2 English muffins
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 -4 stuffed green olives (need 8 slices) or 2 -4 pitted black olives, sliced (need 8 slices)
- 2 -3 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- Toast English muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Lay 4 muffin halves on baking sheet.
- Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each muffin half.
- Set 2 olive slices in place for eyes on each muffin half.
- Pull string cheese into pieces and lay on muffins above and under "eyes", layering them to look like mummy wrappings.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
These were fun and easy to make. I prepared all the ingredients and let my daughter build the mummies. We used peas for the eyes since olives are not something we like. They were tasty and filling. We will make these again and again.
very yummy and cute! We did some with cheddar cheese and made them into Jack-O-Lantern faces :)
My granddaughters and I made these for our lunch for Halloween and we all thought they came out so cute, and really looked like mummies! We made our crusts with pizza dough instead of the English muffins, but then made the faces the same. Such a great idea for a lunch with the kids or for your next Halloween party!