Recipe by tweetyfan
If you like pizza, here's a muffin recipe that combines many of the ingredients that make pizza taste so good.
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I added a bit more cheese. We thought they could have used more flavor, needed more seasoning. We did enjoy them though.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.