A savory muffin.
My Private Note
to 18 m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten and at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add the oil and swirl the oil around in the pan.
- 2Add in the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- 3Stir/sauté for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms have given off their liquid and it has evaporated.
- 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl; let cool for 5 minutes.
- 5In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and baking powder until well combined; set aside.
- 6Add the eggs and remaining ingredients to the vegetables; stir to combine.
- 7Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- 8Prepare muffin pan by spraying the indentations and rims around them with nonstick cooking spray.
- 9Fill muffin pans 3/4 full; make sure any vegetables are fully submerged in the batter.
- 10Bake in a 400°F oven for 23 minutes or until the muffins have well-rounded, lightly browned tops and pick comes out clean.
- 11Place pan on a wire rack; let cool 10 minutes.
- 12Gently tip each muffin to one side to make sure it isn't stuck (gently rock muffin back and forth to release).
- 13Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 376.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g