Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Pizza Monkey Bread is perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal. Making Pizza Monkey Bread is so easy. We use canned biscuits, spaghetti sauce, and a few simple pizza ingredients to make this Italian inspired dish. You can use this recipe to clean up the odd bits of leftovers in your refrigerator.
- 3 (8 count) cansrefrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pepperoni
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- chopped green bell pepper
- chopped onion
- sliced ripe olives
- cooked sausage
- cooked hamburger meat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Open caned biscuits and cut into quarters and place into bowl. Pour spaghetti sauce and Italian seasonings over the biscuits and stir well. Add 3/4 of the pepperoni into the mixture, reserve the remaining 1/4 to place on top of the "pizza". Add 1/2 of the cheese to the sauce and biscuit combination, and stir well. Pour the pizza into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle remaining pepperoni and cheese on top of pizza before placing into the oven. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are fully cooked, they will be slightly firm when you press down on them.
- Italian seasoning, is a very great spice blend to have on hand. This spice blend goes well in spaghetti sauce, on pizza, or even sprinkled on grilled chicken. If you don't happen to have any on hand you can mix your own Italian seasoning by mixing together equal amounts of: basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.