Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A kid friendly dish and delicious for grown-ups too. I used a special pan from Pampered Chef, but a jumbo muffin tin will work here too. I use a frozen pepper stir-fry mix which is essentially green, red and yellow peppers and onions. Using it frozen helps keep the meatloaf moist. This recipe is so versatile. You can customize each meatloaf by adding pepperoni, spinach, mushrooms, olives, bacon, etc. in the middle!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packetgood season's Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen pepper stir fry vegetables
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen veggies in a mini chopper and chop fine; set aside.
- Combine meat, chopped veggies, dressing mix, egg and Parmesan cheese until JUST mixed; do not overmix.
- Scoop about 1/3 c meat mixture into each muffin cup and press down.
- Sprinkle 2 T shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each cup.
- Place another scoop of the meat mixture on top of the cheese on each cup, pushing to the edges to seal.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each muffin with 2 T pizza sauce and 1 T shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.