Recipe by becki swift
My grandkids love this recipe. Nice change from the traditional types of meatloaf.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 59.14 ml diced green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 raw egg
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese (or less)
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 118.29 ml diced pepperoni
- 236.59 ml pizza sauce (bottle or canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms until limp.
- Mix ground beef with sautéed veggies, egg, pepperoni, and seasonings.
- Press half the mixture into loaf pan.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup pizza sauce over beef, top with thick (1/4 inch) slices cheese.
- Top with the rest of the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour off liquid.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce and more cheese.
- Return to oven for additional 30 minutes.