Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandkids love this recipe. Nice change from the traditional types of meatloaf.
Make and share this Pizza Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 raw egg
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce (bottle or canned)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms until limp.
- Mix ground beef with sautéed veggies, egg, pepperoni, and seasonings.
- Press half the mixture into loaf pan.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup pizza sauce over beef, top with thick (1/4 inch) slices cheese.
- Top with the rest of the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour off liquid.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce and more cheese.
- Return to oven for additional 30 minutes.