Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great recipe for kids, or grownups too
Top Review by kittycatmom
I decided to make these to use for Pizza Subs. DELISH! I par-baked them in a 350 oven for 15 minutes then added them to Recipe #65641 and let them cook thru on low for 3 hours in the crockpot. We had these on hoagies with melted provolone. Absolutely the BEST! Thanks Kitt! Yet another winner! Made for KK's Recipe Tag
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (or as needed)
- pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine first 7ingredients.
- Placing a cube of mozzarella cheese inside each one, shape into 12 large size meatballs.
- Roll each meatball in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in skillet, brown meatballs on all sides.
- Drain off any excess fat and oil.
- Add pizza sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.