Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We just had these for dinner and they were great and very easy to make. I bet they would make a great meatball sub. I served them over rice.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until mixed.
- Shape into 48 small meatballs.
- Cut mozzarella into 48 cubes, 1/2 inch inch.
- Push a cube into the center of each meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat.
- Roll lightly in flour.
- In a large skillet, cook meathballs in oil until browned.
- Add pizza sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
- Serve over rice.