Recipe by yooper
A very easy recipe from "Taste of Home". Each meatball is stuffed with a cube of mozarella cheese. Kids love these! I usually brown them the day before I serve them and put on low in the crockpot for several hours with the pizza sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients just until mixed.
- Shape into 48 small balls.
- Cut cheese into 48 cubes 1/2 inch each.
- Push cheese cube in center of each meatball, making sure cheese is covered completely.
- Roll lightly in flour.
- In a large skillet, cook in oil till browned; drain.
- Add pizza sauce-bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.