Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very easy recipe from "Taste of Home". Each meatball is stuffed with a cube of mozarella cheese. Kids love these! I usually brown them the day before I serve them and put on low in the crockpot for several hours with the pizza sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients just until mixed.
- Shape into 48 small balls.
- Cut cheese into 48 cubes 1/2 inch each.
- Push cheese cube in center of each meatball, making sure cheese is covered completely.
- Roll lightly in flour.
- In a large skillet, cook in oil till browned; drain.
- Add pizza sauce-bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
this would be really good served over any kind of pasta or even rice
these are very very good. quite easy to make and so good. we had them with cheese bread sticks and a big salad. great leftovers too!!
These were incredible! .. a secret that a friend told me, mix the milk with the breadcrumbs first then add to the rest to make the meatballs more tender. Very good recipe!!