Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The real deal that you will find in Italy. I know I put that you can use tomatoes or pizza sauce, but you can use any sauce you like.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 cups unbleached flour or 2 -3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- fresh tomatoes or pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings (optional)
- Pour water into bowl.
- Sprinkle with yeast and leave for five minutes.
- Stir and add sugar, salt, and olive oil. Beat well.
- Stir in half of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add as much of the rest of the flour as needed to make the dough just firm enough to manage.
- Knead for five minutes.
- Roll it into a ball and flatten.
- Sprinkle corn meal over pan and stretch dough over it. Make ridges at the edges.
- Let rise for fifteen minutes.
- Lightly brush or spray the dough with some oil.
- Add your choice of toppings. Heat for 20-30 minutes at 425°F.
Excellent pizza. I am so happy I ran into it cuz I have some unbleached flour that needs using up. This crust was so easy and my daughter had a blast making her own pizza. Thank you for posting and I will make again :)
good recipe thanks!
Kyle, great pizza! Crust was great. I used fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and sliced bocconcini cheese (fresh mozza). Thank you ... will make again.