Recipe by Shellbelle
I got this recipe from a co-worker. Quick and yummy!
Top Review by Kasha
Classic and good combo. I like it cold the next day too. Try halved cherry tomatoes instead of whole sliced tomatoes. Very pretty, fast, and easy to do. Also would be nice cut into small pieces as an appetizer....
- 1 pizza dough, about 10 to 12 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Brush the pizza crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil and then spread the tomato sauce over the crust, all the way to the edges.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into thin slices.
- Arrange the sliced mozzarella and sliced tomatoes on top of the tomato sauce.
- Tear the basil leaves and sprinkle them and the parmesan cheese over the cheese and tomato slices.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with ground black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden.