Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
- pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1 cup neapolitan pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced thin
- 20 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place pizza stone on bottom of oven.
- Stretch each ball of pizza dough between hands until it's approximately 12" across and 1/4" thick with a border that is a little thicker.
- Brush the dough sheets with oil.
- Put the rounds on a mealed peel or baking sheet.
- Spread app. 1/4 cup of the sauce on each round.
- Divide cheese between the 4 rounds and place it on the sauce.
- Repeat with the basil.
- Slide a round onto the preheated pizza stone.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Slide peel or baking sheet under cooked pizza, remove from oven and cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough rounds.