Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my high school cooking lesson. We actually went to an Italian eatery and we got to whip this up ourselves. It's still one of my favorites and is very low fat. Also I prefer thin crust so I cut the crust recipe in half. But if you would rather thicker crust just double this recipe. The crust I use for all my pizzas.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fast rising yeast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- for dough, mix together flour, yeast and salt.
- Add water gradually, mixing together until a soft ball is formed.
- Knead for 5 minutes, rub with oil and place in bowl. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes.
- Roll down and press into a greased 17" pizza pan.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle dough with oregano, 2 tbsps of olive oil, and mozza. Place chopped tomatoes over top. Sprinkle with oregano and basil and remaining olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes.
This was a good recipe, very easy to put together, and the kids enjoyed it - no leftovers! Will make it again soon :)