Recipe by an80slady6886
I found this in an issue of Reminisce magazine. It was in the Cooking For 2 section, but I just double it. Also should work with other ground meats, such as beef or turkey.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This recipe was easy to double. Both the kids and adults liked this recipe, so I will definitely be making this again. I had purchased bulk pork sausage from our store in town. The seasonings in their sausage adds a lot of flavor to this dish. The recipe did not give a temperature for the oven so I set it to 375 degrees. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup (July '10-Dec '10) tag game
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni, tomato sauce, 2 T Parmesan cheese, water, oregano, and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1-qt. (or larger) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until liquyid is absorbed and casserole is heated through.
- Use larger casserole dish for 4 servings, etc.