This recipe is in response to my son's desperate pleas for those lunchables that are unhealthy, expensive, and full of ingredients I can't pronounce...lol. Since I refuse to buy them, I came up with this idea instead to compromise with him.
- 16 ounces pizza dough (I use the Pillsbury canisters)
- 3 cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups cheese, shredded
- 24 snack size ziploc bags
- 12 quarts size ziploc bags
- Roll out pizza dough and bake according to directions on the canister.
- Put 1/4 cup of cheese in 12 snack size ziploc bags.
- Put 1/4 cup of sauce in 12 snack size bags.
- When the pizza crust is done cut into 12 squares. (The package says that 1/6 of a package is a serving which is where I am coming up with the serving sizes).
- Place two squares in each quart size ziploc.
- Add one cheese packet and one sauce packet in the package with the crust.
- To eat, have your child put one package in their lunch box and by lunchtime it will the thawed and ready to eat!