Recipe by Sassy in da South
Not the usual potato casserole. We fixed these for lunch over the weekend and thought they were pretty tasty. Could be used as a snack, side dish, or main dish.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces Italian sausages, cooked and sliced
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a 450 degree oven until tender, about 50 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded cheese with green onion, oregano, and basil.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and place in a baking dish, cut-side up.
- Sprinkle potatoes with half of the cheese mixture.
- Top with tomato slices and sausage; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, or until topping is nicely browned.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving, or pass Parmesan cheese with potatoes.