Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Cheesy stuffed meatloaf. Kid friendly. My best friend's mother used to make this for us in college. She's famous for this dish.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce, plus extra
- spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine egg, spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix in ground beef.
- On a piece of foil, mold meat mixture into a 12"x8" rectangle. Sprinkle 1 Celsius cheese and parsley to within 1" of edge. Roll up meat like a jelly roll, starting with the long side. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13"x9" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Unroll crescent dough. Seal seams. Cover meat loaf with dough. Seal ends.
- Bake 20 min or until browned. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minute.
- Serve with extra spaghetti sauce.