Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very quick and easy recipe that uses a french loaf stuffed with various pizza toppings to make a "rolled up pizza". It tastes great dipped in pizza sauce!
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces pepperoni or 8 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- Roll out the french loaf dough on a greased cookie sheet.
- Combine egg yolks or egg beaters, parmesan, oil, parsley, oregano, and garlic powder. Brush mixture over dough.
- Sprinkle with pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, & green peppers.
- Roll up long ways and cut about 5 slits in the top to help the inside bake evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Warm up pizza sauce to use as a dip.
I make this same recipe and I love it. A couple things I do differently: I use a "rhode's rolls" bread loaf dough. Also, when I mix up the egg yolks, parmesan cheese, etc, I also add in some finely diced onion and roma tomato, and thinly sliced pepperoni, mix it all together, then sprinkle with the cheese. It is delicious.
Love this recipe! Great for quick lunches!
Very good and super easy! I left out mushrooms (personal choice) and used turkey pepperoni. We really liked it.