My kids are not overly fond of ground beef and this recipe is a creative way to make lasagna without it. I will usually make 2 lasagne at one time and freeze the other one for a quick meal at a later date.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables.
- Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Stir in sauce (leave a small amount separate to place in the bottom of the pan) and spices, and finely chopped or grated pepperoni.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Top with 5 overlapping noodles, then 1/3 of the sauce mixture and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *You can also add additional pizza toppings if you wish such as bacon, cheddar cheese, ham, tomatoes, etc*.
- To freeze: wrap well, label and freeze. To serve: defrost overnight and bake as directed.
What a wonderful lasagna! I followed your recipe (doubled it to freeze), with the following adjustments: I used 300g pepperoni total for both, a handful of chopped ham, and a pound of ground turkey. I also used "Recipe 83321" for the sauce - I actually used all of the sauce for both lasagnas. I used about a teaspoon or two of minced garlic. My DH absolutely loved it and kept going back for more. Thanks Pamela!
Yummy!! This is such an easy dish to prepare and was a real hit with the family. I don't think that I've ever seen DD eat so quickly before tonight. She really devoured it. Thanks Pam for yet another great recipe.