Recipe by Petite Mommy
This is family friendly and absolutely delicious. You simply cook the noodles, layer into a pan and bake. (Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury)
Top Review by ALH
Very good dish. I omitted the olives since I find olives to have an overpowering flavor in many dishes, however the rest of it I made the same. Took longer for it to cook until completely hot.
- 9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages pepperoni slices
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (1/2 medium, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed; drain. Be careful to keep them a little bit firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12x8 inch (2 qt) casserle dish with cooking spray.
- In 2 qt saucepan, mix pizza sauce and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese and italian seasoning.
- Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce mixture in bottom of pan. Arrange three cooked noodles over sauce. Spoon and spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles.
- Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarlla cheese, 1 cup sauce mixture, 1/3 each of pepperoni slices, mushrooms, olives and bell pepper.
- Repeat layers once.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, mushrooms, olives and bell pepper. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake uncovered fr 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes.