Rhonda *J*'s Note:
This is a Pampered Chef recipe, that I had at a girlfriends party that she hosted, where it was of course , served as a party snack/appetizer. I thought it was quite yummy and I have since made it at home as a main dish with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cut top off green pepper, (a v- shaped cutter makes this a nice presentation.) remove stem, discard membrane& seeds.
- 3Reserve bottom of pepper (to serve pizza sauce in later).
- 4Chop the top of the pepper to make 1/4 of a cup.
- 5Chop onion.
- 6Cook& stir ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic in skillet over med-high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- 7Remove from heat& drain.
- 8Shred mozzarella cheese, combine meat mixture& cheese, 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce, Italian seasoning& salt.
- 9To assemble the ring: Unroll crescent dough, separate into 16 triangles.
- 10Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking/pizza pan, with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the centre& the points of the dough towards the outside.
- 11(there should be a 5 inch/ 12. 5 cm) diameter in the centre of pan.
- 12Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- 13Bring points of triangles up over meat filling and tuck under the wide ends of the dough at the centre of the ring.
- 14(Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Grate fresh parmesan cheese over top with cheese grater.
- 16Heat remaining pizza sauce and fill green pepper bottom, place in center of the ring.
- 17To serve, cut into wedges& serve with the pizza sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza In The Round
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 604.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning