Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Pampered Chef recipe, that I had at a girlfriends party that she hosted, where it was of course , served as a party snack/appetizer. I thought it was quite yummy and I have since made it at home as a main dish with a salad.
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (235 g) packages crescent rolls (16 triangles)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut top off green pepper, (a v- shaped cutter makes this a nice presentation.) remove stem, discard membrane& seeds.
- Reserve bottom of pepper (to serve pizza sauce in later).
- Chop the top of the pepper to make 1/4 of a cup.
- Chop onion.
- Cook& stir ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic in skillet over med-high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat& drain.
- Shred mozzarella cheese, combine meat mixture& cheese, 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce, Italian seasoning& salt.
- To assemble the ring: Unroll crescent dough, separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking/pizza pan, with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the centre& the points of the dough towards the outside.
- (there should be a 5 inch/ 12. 5 cm) diameter in the centre of pan.
- Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Bring points of triangles up over meat filling and tuck under the wide ends of the dough at the centre of the ring.
- (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese over top with cheese grater.
- Heat remaining pizza sauce and fill green pepper bottom, place in center of the ring.
- To serve, cut into wedges& serve with the pizza sauce.