Recipe by angelstar7
Put this together with easy to find ingredient that should be fairly low in calories and tasty to boot. Sometimes for variation I add a bit of ground pork sausage to the ground beef. To give a southwestern flair use a can of ranch beans and a can of whole kernal corn
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 (15 ounce) can olives, sliced
- 1 (32 ounce) can whole tomatoes, or
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, -if in a hurry
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Rinse cooked beef in a colander to remove excess oil.
- Return mixture to skillet and add garlic.
- Cook until garlic is translucent.
- Add whole tomatoes, green pepper, tomato sauce, italian seasonings and mushrooms.
- Cook med heat until whole tomatoes start to break up and mixture starts to thicken.
- Add sliced olives.
- Add tomato paste if sauce needs to be thickened.
- Serve with noodles or rice.