Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Yummy Pizza czsserole for the busy mom.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and dreained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- hot cooked pasta
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no linger pink; drain.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes, chili beans, black beans, olives, onion, green pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese, tapioca, basil bay leaf, salt and sugar; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir before serving over pasta.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Great recipe. I didn't have any italian sausage, so I used my spiced venison sausage, it worked great. I added 1 Cup beef stock to make sure the venison didn't dry everything up too much.