Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so good my family goes nuts over it. It is a thick and cheesy dish to die for. I got this from a crockpot cookbook
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageof sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain and add spaghetti sauce, mushroom and Italian seasoning.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce into a greased crock.
- Cover with 1/2 of the noodles and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of cheeses and repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.
Great recipe! I think I should have undercooked the noodles a bit as my new crock pot cooks so fast that they were a bit mushy. Still tasted great though. I liked that there were two different types of cheese in the dish. For my family, the next time I will add a bit of garlic and maybe top it with some green olives in the last half hour of cooking. (My kids are wild about green olives on their pizza). Thx for the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Great crockpot dish that is also kid-friendly and easy to prepare. This one is a keeper! I might sub some cottage cheese or ricotta next time and/or some Italian sauage intead of the ground beef for more of a lasagne effect, just a personal preference...but it is excellent prepared according to the recipe. Love the pepperoni in it. Thanks for posting this great recipe! You've been adopted...made for Spring 2010 PAC.