Recipe by Winnipeg *Mel*
This recipe came out of my cookbook on Mastercook 5.0. I do not know where I got the recipe from.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
I loved the concept of this pizza. I made it last night, but unfortunately, I had big problems with the refrigerated dough from the store. I still enjoyed this pizza. This is a knife and fork kind of pizza. Very gooey, and good. I left off all toppings, and made it just a cheese pizza, and it was great. Next time, yes, there will be a next time, I will top it with our favorite toppings.
- 2 cans prepared pizza crust
- 2 3⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided use)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- pepperoni or bell peppers or olive (toppings of your choice)
- 1 jar pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475ºF.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll first pizza dough.
- Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place in a well-greased 12-inch perforated pizza pan.
- Trim dough with a knife or pizza wheel to fit inside the diameter of the pan.
- Pierce dough with a fork every half-inch to prevent air bubbles.
- (This will ultimately be your top crust.) Prebake this crust for 5 minutes; remove crust from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the second crust for the pan in the same way, but remove the excess dough around the edges by rolling a rolling pin over the top of the pan to form a lip on the crust.
- Pierce with a fork.
- Combine 3/4 cup mozzarella and remaining cheeses and spread evenly over this crust.
- Put the partially baked crust on top of the cheese layer.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce over this top crust, then scatter the toppings of your choice, starting with meats, then vegetables.
- Finish with the final 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.