Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I came across the recipe from a copy cat recipe source. The 2 hours includes dough cycle time. This is one of the best pizza dough recipes I have found.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (Accent*)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients (except for cornmeal) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Set to "Dough" cycle.
- Lightly grease one 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan.
- Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 350°F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).
- I make the pizza in 9x13 rectangular pans rather than the round pizza pans, because the squares pieces are easier to reheat and pack in school lunches.
THIS was a really nice recipe for pizza dough. I did use your 9x13 pan idea - and it was NICE for a change of pace! I omitted the Accent (because of MSG) - and added extra garlic. MMMMMMM. We had to bake this 30-40 minutes - and our toppings weren't very thick, so I'd encourage anyone else who tries this to just bake till done, of course (or go higher temp. for 20 mins.. :) Next time I will brush the crusts w/ butter (or spray w/ butter-flavored spray), then dust w/ cornmeal & Italian seasonings before baking. We enjoyed this a lot! Thanks for sharing!
This is the best pizza dough recipe I've made! Other recipes I've tried came out of the bread machine way too sticky. Leaving out the msg is just fine. I divide the dough in half, knead on floured surface a few times, and then stretch into a cirle. I like to bake in my cast-iron skillet- just brush pan with olive oil and sprinkle in a little corn meal. I brush the crust with olive oil and bake for 7 minutes then top and bake 10-15 minutes on lowest rack in oven.
I doubled the recipe and used the bread machine on the dough cycle. Divided it into three portions and froze in one quart freezer bags sprayed with PAM. Took the first one out on Wednesday and let thaw in the fridge until Friday evening. By that time the dough filled the entire bag and was plenty for a large pizza. WOW! I baked it on 450 degrees and DH and I were blown away with our crispy it was on the outside and light, tender and fluffy on the inside. This will be my standard recipe from now on..as good as any we have had at upscale pizzerias. Thanks so much for sharing!