Delicious pizza with great cheese-stuffed crust! From Top Secret by Todd Wilbur
Make and share this Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (105 to 115F)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces mozzarella string cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- For the crust: Make one day prior to baking. Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, until foam begins to build on surface.
- In a large bowl sift flour and salt and make a deep depression in the center of the mixture.
- Add oil and yeast-water mixture to the depression and combine using a fork until you can use your hands.
- Dust a clean flat surface with flour and kneed the dough until the dough has a smooth consistent texture. This should take about 1 minutes.
- Rub a light coating of oil on dough and put in air-tight container and store in warm place for 2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- Punch down dough, put back in air-tight container and store in refrigerator for 24 hours. (if you do not have that time you can use the dough now).
- When ready to use roll out to 18 inches.
- Place dough on pan and make a ring around the edge with string cheese.
- Moisten the outering with water and fold over the dough to cover cheese and score the center of dough with a fork.
- Finally, lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
- For the sauce: Combine tomato sauce, water, sugar, lemon juice, and spices in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once it starts to bubble, drop heat down and simmer for 30-60 minutes until desired thickness is reached (this makes sauce for two pies).
- Assembly: Heat oven to 475°F.
- Spread 1 cup of pizza sauce to the edges of the pizza crust.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.