Prep1 hr 45 mins
An easy recipe from a copycat site posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (105 F)
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)
- 9 ounces vegetable oil (3 ounces per pan)
- butter-flavored Pam cooking spray
Toppings of your choice
- pepperoni or ham or chopped vegetables or cooked ground sausage or beef
- 16 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Combine sauce ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large bowl.
- Add water and stir to mix well.
- Let rest for two minutes.
- Add oil and stir again.
- Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
- Turn out on to a flat floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed, until elastic and no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into three balls.
- Put 3 ounces of oil in each of three 9-inch cake pans, making sure it is spread evenly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9-inch circle.
- Place in cake pans.
- Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam and cover with a plate.
- Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- For each 9" pizza, spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1-inch of edge.
- Distribute 1 1/2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce.
- Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef) Top with 3 ounces mozzarella cheese.
- Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
- Serve hot.