Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
From what I understand, there was a period of time that Pizza Hut sold sandwiches, besides pizza. This is supposed to be one of the sandwiches that they sold. I have made this many times and it is quite good and easy too.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take out the sesame seed Hoagie bun and open it up carefully, making sure not to split the bread into two separate halves.
- Lay the open bun flat on a baking sheet.
- On the sandwich put down two slices of salami.
- Top with two slices of ham.
- Place the mozzarella cheese on top of the ham.
- Bake just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with the tomato, lettuce, and then drizzle with the creamy Italian dressing.
- Close the sandwich and enjoy.
These were really good! Made a couple of adjustments, I couldn't find any creamy italian dressing, so I just used the regular stuff, and I put them under the grill rather than in the oven. I think next time I'll do them in the oven because the grill melted the cheese just fine, but I think they'd be better if they heated all the way through. All in all though, they were extremely good!!! (and easy!) Just as I remember them being at Pizza Hut when I was a kid! Thank You for this, they will definitely become a regular feature at our house!!
Our local Pizza Hut put them back on their menu. So I called Pizza Hut and asked exactly what was used to make the Pizza Hut Supremo and was told deli sliced ham (very thin), genoi salami, provlone cheese, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and creamy italian dressing -- always served with Lays chips and a pickle spear!! I make them all the time -- it's a great supper!!
Yummy! I remember these