Recipe by Andtototoo!
From what I understand, there was a period of time that Pizza Hut sold sandwiches, besides pizza. This is supposed to be one of the sandwiches that they sold. I have made this many times and it is quite good and easy too.
Top Review by WYAdams
This sandwich was one of our favorites on Friday afternoon after classes at the university. It goes well with a large frosty mug of beer. Thanks for the recipe, it tastes just as good now as it did forty years ago.
- 1 sesame seed hoagie roll
- 2 slices salami
- 2 slices ham
- 1 -2 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 slices tomatoes
- 2 -3 lettuce leaves
- creamy Italian dressing, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take out the sesame seed Hoagie bun and open it up carefully, making sure not to split the bread into two separate halves.
- Lay the open bun flat on a baking sheet.
- On the sandwich put down two slices of salami.
- Top with two slices of ham.
- Place the mozzarella cheese on top of the ham.
- Bake just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with the tomato, lettuce, and then drizzle with the creamy Italian dressing.
- Close the sandwich and enjoy.