Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family absolutely raves about this recipe, so do their friends. I have shared this recipe with many people over the years. I got it about 20 years ago and it has become a staple to our regular line up. Who doesn't love pizza?
- 1 lb lean hamburger or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 25 ounces spaghetti sauce (or 3 cans of tomato sauce)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (if you use all tomato sauce, use italian seasoning not only oregano)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- couple shakes hot sauce, not tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package pepperoni, for less salt, use 8 oz package of pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
optional you can add
- black olives (optional) or green olives (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- Prepare egg noodles as directed on package, drain.
- Add cheddar cheese soup to egg noodles and mix.
- Meanwhile, brown hamburger with onion and garlic, drain grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce, water, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and oregano.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- While heat is still on, add in half the package of pepperoni one at a time to make sure the pepperoni doesn't stick to each other. Pepperoni will become limp, this will let you know its ready.
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Add meat mixture to noodle mixture and stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Place meat and noodles in greased pan.
- Cover top of casserole with remaining pepperoni like you top a pizza.
- and then sprinkle the rest of the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese melts and is starting to brown slightly.
- *tip Use a cookie sheet under casserole to catch anything that may spill over during baking.
My husband and I both really enjoyed this! It makes a HUGE batch, but we're going to freeze the leftovers for another day! We added mushrooms and I used minced garlic instead of fresh garlic cloves (that's all I had), and it came out delicious! Sort of messy to make (lots of dirty pots and pans when all is said and done), but worth the mess! Thanks for the recipe! We'll definitely be making this again in the future!