My family absolutely raves about this recipe, so do their friends. I have shared this recipe with many people over the years. I got it about 20 years ago and it has become a staple to our regular line up. Who doesn't love pizza?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean hamburger or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 25 ounces spaghetti sauce (or 3 cans of tomato sauce)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (if you use all tomato sauce, use italian seasoning not only oregano)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- couple shakes hot sauce, not tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package pepperoni, for less salt, use 8 oz package of pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
optional you can add
- 1Prepare egg noodles as directed on package, drain.
- 2Add cheddar cheese soup to egg noodles and mix.
- 3Meanwhile, brown hamburger with onion and garlic, drain grease.
- 4Add spaghetti sauce, water, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and oregano.
- 5Simmer about 5 minutes.
- 6While heat is still on, add in half the package of pepperoni one at a time to make sure the pepperoni doesn't stick to each other. Pepperoni will become limp, this will let you know its ready.
- 7Grease a 9x13 pan
- 8Add meat mixture to noodle mixture and stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- 9Place meat and noodles in greased pan.
- 10Cover top of casserole with remaining pepperoni like you top a pizza.
- 11and then sprinkle the rest of the remaining cheese on top.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese melts and is starting to brown slightly.
- 13*tip Use a cookie sheet under casserole to catch anything that may spill over during baking.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Hotdish or Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.1
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 2294.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 39.4 g