Recipe by AB_Fan
It actually tastes like pizza! Kids love it, and it's a good way to hide veggies too. Feel free to add any leftover cooked veggies - green beans are great - or throw in some chopped tomatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 pinch fennel seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion. Place in greased 2 quart casserole.
- Cook macaroni per package directions, then drain and add to the meat mixture.
- Add 1.5 cans tomato sauce, water, basil, garlic powder or salt, oregano, and fennel seeds, and 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese. If you are adding tomatoes or green beans, add them now. Mix well.
- Spread the rest of the cheese on top, add a layer of pepperoni, and evenly spoon on the last half can of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with some more oregano.
- Bake covered at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.