Recipe by Lvs2Cook
The great taste of pizza in a casserole! Substitute 2 cups of pizza cheese for the cheddar and mozzarella if desired. The no-stick foil is great to use on this casserole when baking so the cheese doesn't stick.
Top Review by sconehead
This was a great dinner! I did make a few changes. I used whole wheat spagetti (I was out of all other shapes of pasta)I added 6 cloves of grated garlic, left out the onion salt and used only onion powder. I also used 1 1/2 jars of almost fatfree/low sodium pasta sauce. Otherwise made as described. It is definitely a recipe I will be making again! My children (8 yr old son in particular) LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! Thanks for a great go to recipe! It made alot so now have dinner for tomorrow as well......the busiest day of the week for our family! AWESOME!!
I forgot.....I also used ground turkey breast instead of ground beef. Thanks again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) canslice black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef, pepper and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is browned. Drain. Add pizza sauce and seasonings and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread cooked pasta in a greased 13x9 baking pan and pour sauce mixture over pasta. Spread mushrooms and olives over top and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350º for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.