Recipe by TeacherKim
My kids love pizza flavors in any form. This can also be frozen.
Top Review by Amanda Beth
These were tasty. I substituted ground turkey. I added garlic and italian seasoning to the turkey while browning. We found it a bit bland. However, I will make these again, and add more pepperoni. I will also add more seasoning. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 8 hoagie or submarine sandwich buns
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Return ground beef to skillet, add pizza sauce and pepperoni. Stir until mixed.
- Cut roll approximately 1/3 from the top. Carefully hollow out the bottom of the roll, leaving a 1/4" shell.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp cheese into each shell.
- Fill each with 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; gently press down to flatten.
- Replace bread tops.
- At this point, sandwiches can be individually wrapped in foil and frozen for up to 3 months.
- To serve immediately, place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.