Meat and potatoes in a pizza. Kids of all ages love this.
Make and share this Pizza Hash Browns recipe from Food.com.
- Scramble fry ground beef til no pink is left. Rinse in seive under hot water.Set aside.
- Combine all 6 ingredients for hashbrown crust.Mix well. Press firmly in a greased 12 in pizza pan, forming a rim around the edge.
- Bake in 450 oven for 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- This is important to have the crust browned well probably closer to 25 minutes.
- Add oil to frying pan on medium heat add onions and mushrooms saute and stirring frequently, until browned.
- Stir in chili sauce, chili powder and ground beef.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- May also top this pizza with ham or pepperoni.Or half mozzarella and half cheddar cheese.
Interesting take on pizza. I enjoyed the crust but wasn't crazy about the topping. I might try the crust again with different toppings.
OOooh, this was VERY good! Made it for breakfast this a.m. and the kids loved it! I was out of sour cream (don't you LOVE these morning surprises?), but went ahead with it anyway---which meant the crust didn't "stick" together like I imagine it would with the s.c. My fault--and I'm not holding that against the recipe. Four stars because we "loved" it but no one was ranting and raving it into the "outstanding" category. ;-) We LOVE our pepperoni--plus it's faster in the a.m. trying to beat the school bus!--so that's what I used instead of ground beef. Left the onions out (for once) because of my onion-hating DS....but would DEFINITELY add them in the next time I make this! Found a chili sauce recipe in the Recipezaar dictionary--which added a nice sweet flavor to the whole business! Definitely a KEEPER! I'm adding it to my "breakfast" cookbook.
This was great! I'd never have thought of using hashbrowns like this. We both loved and will make it again. Barbara