Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for the kids! Hamburger meat makes the crust that is then filled with yummy pizza toppings. Quick to put together. Taken from "The Complete Family Cook Book".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes, drained well
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper; pat mixture out in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Spread tomatoes over hamburger and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
- Note: you can get very creative with this recipe and add other "pizza" toppings such as green peppers, mushrooms, etc. Have fun with it!
if my hubby ever cooks anything other than hot dogs, hamburgers, or grilled cheese - this is it! he also adds pepperoni. it's super yummy! thanks for sharing it. :)