Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from my kid's after-school care program. I think they got it from TOH. My litte munchkins love it.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice provolone cheese or 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- additional pizza sauce
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice, buttered side down, in a skillet over medium heat.
- Top with cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and second bread slice buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping.
I made this for my kids and grandkids the other night. Wow, they sure did enjoy them. Very easy to prepare and I used mozzarella cheese. All the comfort of a grilled cheese sandwich but with the added zest of pizza flavors. Thanks for a new favorite.
Yummy! Used whole wheat bread & turkey pepperoni. A keeper!
What a great way to have the taste of pizza! So easy, and yummy. I did cut back on the pizza sauce though, cause it was dripping out. A real keeper, thanks.