Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the 1966 Pillsbury Busy Lady Bake-off Recipe booklet. I haven't made it yet, but I have to give this book back, so I'm posting it here! (Rising time not included).
- Soften yeast in warm water in a large mixer bowl.
- Stir in milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, sugar and salt, blend well.
- Add eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, spaghetti sauce mix and flour to form a soft dough, beat well.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about one hour.
- Punch down dough, roll out, half at a time, on floured surface, to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Cut into ovals with a floured 3 1/2x2 inch cutter.
- Arrange petals in alternating layers in greased 9-inch springform pan, brushing each layer with tomato sauce and sprinkling with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350 and bake 30 minutes longer.
- During last 15 minutes of baking, cover with foil.
- Serve warm.