This is from the 1966 Pillsbury Busy Lady Bake-off Recipe booklet. I haven't made it yet, but I have to give this book back, so I'm posting it here! (Rising time not included).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water in a large mixer bowl.
- 2Stir in milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, sugar and salt, blend well.
- 3Add eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, spaghetti sauce mix and flour to form a soft dough, beat well.
- 4Cover, let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about one hour.
- 5Punch down dough, roll out, half at a time, on floured surface, to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 6Brush with remaining melted butter.
- 7Cut into ovals with a floured 3 1/2x2 inch cutter.
- 8Arrange petals in alternating layers in greased 9-inch springform pan, brushing each layer with tomato sauce and sprinkling with cheese.
- 9Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- 10Decrease oven temperature to 350 and bake 30 minutes longer.
- 11During last 15 minutes of baking, cover with foil.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza-Go-Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (1185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3743.5
- Calories from Fat 1976
- Total Fat 219.6 g
- Saturated Fat 133.2 g
- Cholesterol 980.6 mg
- Sodium 5281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 358.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 86.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce mix