Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is nothing like breakfast for dinner! After realizing that Recipezaar couldn't calculate the veggie pepperoni or cheeses, I did the research and it comes out to 4 points per serving for those of you (like me) following Weight Watchers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2⁄3 cup vegetarian pepperoni
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 3⁄4 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and mushrooms. Cook, stirring until vegetables are soft.
- Add pepperoni, cook 1 minute.
- Beat together egg substitute and parmesan cheese in bowl. Stir in dried herbs and spices.
- Pour egg substitute mixture over vegetable mixture in skillet.
- As eggs sets at edges, use spatula to gently push cooked portions toward the centre of skillet; tilt skillet to allow uncooked portions to flow into empty spaces.
- When frittata is almost set, place pan on upper oven rack under preheated broiler to cook top.
- Remove from oven, spread pizza sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven until cheese melts.