Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pizza for breakfast?? This a twist on the traditional pizza pie. I love anything that has a pepperoni on it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9- or 10-inch nonstick heat-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to a plate lined with paper toweling. Reserve oil in pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salt.
- Stir in olives, pepperoni, cheese, pepper and cooked mushrooms.
- Reheat skillet over low heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook until eggs are set around edges, but center is still loose, about 8 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently loosen egg mixture from sides of pan.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake, uncovered for 12-15 minutes,or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer frittata to wire rack; let stand 2 minutes. To loosen frittata from pan, slip a rubber spatula between the frittata and skillet. Slide eggs in one piece onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- HINT: If skillet has a plastic or wooden handle, wrap it in foil before placing in oven.