Recipe by Bec
Top this Italian-inspired egg dish with warm pizza sauce for a quick-and-easy weeknight supper.
- 8 eggs (or egg substitute to equal 8 eggs, like Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until well blended; set aside.
- In ovenproof 12" nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and olives in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spread mixture evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetable mixture; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; cook 9-11 minutes or until eggs are set in center and light brown on bottom.
- Remove cover.
- Broil frittata about 5" from heat for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.