Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
Good for lunch or supper.
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 green onions, including some tender green tops, sliced
- 3 ounces medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, if needed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage and bell pepper for about 5 minutes; break up the sausage with a spoon.
- Add in garlic, green onion, and mushrooms; stir/saute for about 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; add oil if necessary.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, water, and seasonings until well blended; pour over sausage mixture in skillet.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set and top is almost dry.
- Place tomato and pepperoni slices on top of frittata; sprinkle w/ cheese.
- Broil until frittata is puffy and cheese is melted (about 1 minute).
- Cut into wedges and serve.