Recipe by JillAZ
This recipe was given to me by a neighbor several years ago. It is always a hit. Prep time is estimated since I never really pay attention to how long it takes!
Top Review by jenfa
Loved this. I usually make a Mexican cheese dip for parties which everyone loves, but at least one guest recently claimed they might like this even better. I used twice the amount of cheese.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- garlic bread, cubes for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and ground beef on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Mix cornstarch and seasonings into pizza sauce and add to ground beef and onion.
- Stir well When mixture thickens and bubbles, add cheese 1/3 at a time, stirring well between additions.
- When completely mixed together, pour into fondue pot.
- Dip garlic bread cubes or bread sticks.
- Can also keep warm in a crock pot.