Recipe by quick meal
I got this from TOH. I make these and freeze them in smaller bags so my daughter can come home from school and pull out exactly enough for a snack. Like the other OAMC recipes I have posted, she loves that she can pop them in the microwave or oven and go on with her day.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 (12 ounce) packages English muffins (or I like to make my own)
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, sausage and onion until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in paste, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of the English muffins.
- Mix cheeses and sprinkle over the meat mixture.
- TO FREEZE: Place in bags for up to 3 months. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- TO COOK IMMEDIATELY: Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.