Prep 20 mins
Cook 120 hrs
Don't be scared! These are actually pretty darn good. I wish I could take the credit, but this is something my dear old dad came up with. DH and I refused to even THINK about trying them for years, but once we did...we wondered what took us so long!
- Cut the pizza into small, bite-size pieces.
- Break and scramble the eggs into a large bowl, beating well.
- Add the pizza bits, stirring to make sure all the pizza is covered.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- After sitting, stir again and scramble in a large frying pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Top with Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
- This also works well with a leftover spaghetti, too.
I have not tried this recipe with pizza yet, but it is soo yummy with just heating up the spaghetti, then add the eggs and make it into a sort of quiche, instead of scrambling it.
OK, not bad for something different to do with leftover pizza. I used leftover Pizza Hut pizza from last night which was very greasy to begin with, so the crust cubes stayed a little soggy well after the eggs were done. If I tried it again I'd probably reheat the pizza on my pizza stone first to crisp up the crust a bit. Thanks for sharing your dad's creative idea!
My family rated this between 3 and 4 stars so I gave it a 4. It was very easy to make. We made it with pepperoni pizza and Mozzarella cheese. It tasted good too. My son who is in college asked me to leave him the recipe since he always has leftover pizza and it is easy to make.