Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Egg Council
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 -3 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- Heat margarine in small skillet over medium heat.
- Break and slip egg into pan.
- Break yolk, if desired.
- When egg is set but still moist on tip, add slices of pepperoni.
- Turn egg over and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Open bun, spread with pizza sauce, and top with cooked egg.
I made these for my boys this morning for breakfast. They really enjoyed them. It was something different. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used sliced mozzarella cheese instead of a tablespoon of cheese. Will be making again.
Very easy. An interesting and different breakfast item; a change from bacon and eggs. We had them on toasted whole wheat buns. Be sure to limit the amount of oil you cook them in or they will drip out of the bun. I blotted the eggburgers on paper towels before serving them.