Recipe by ozzygirl
This pizza dough is so quick and easy to make. Just add your favourite topping once you have finished the process. Enjoy the results from making your very own super healthy pizza!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Well this was my first attempt at making homemade pizza dough and it turned out pretty well. I did have a hard time working it out to fit the pizza pan but I think that is due to my lack of experience and not your recipe. A good go-to recipe for homemade pizza. Will save me tons of money instead of ordering in. Thanks! Tagged for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 (7 g) sachet dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in combined water and half of oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until dough becomes too firm to stir. Using hands, continue working to make a ball of dough then turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- Knead dough with hands until smooth and elastic. Alternatively use an electric mixer with a dough hook and knead on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Coat a large bowl with remaining oil and add dough, turning to grease all over. Cover with gladwrap and a clean tea-towel. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until mixture has doubled in size.
- Turn out to a lightly floured surface, knock down and knead very lightly. To help stretch out the dough the traditional way is hold up the slightly patted out round with both hands and let the dough fall away from hands, stretching it out in the process.
- Place on trays or pans and gently press, pat and push dough outwards until it reaches the edges, forming a thick rim on the outside.
- Add topping and bake in a hot oven at 200 degrees celcius!
- (Note: Depending on your topping, I found the pizza cooks in approximately 20 minutes.).